AusAID Staff Alumni Program
AusAID is establishing the Staff Alumni Program to draw on the skills of former staff by offering:
- Access to flexible long and short term employment opportunities
- Opportunities to maintain professional knowledge
- Opportunities to share expertise and mentor current staff.
Currently, AusAID is seeking the services of former staff to
help implement the Government’s new aid policy, An Effective Aid Program for Australia, which was completed in July 2011. This policy is a response to the Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness.
Opportunities in the Pacific Division
AusAID’s Pacific Division (PAC) has a need for experienced aid
professionals to assist with a wide range of program planning and management
tasks, both in Canberra and in partner countries. Expert guidance and mentoring
is required to support current staff to deliver the various policy, program and
operational reforms outlined in An Effective Aid Program for Australia.
Potential work opportunities in the PAC Division will cover a range of areas including, but not limited to, assisting PAC staff with:
- Managing program portfolios
- Managing the design stage of new initiatives
- Planning and managing analytical work
- Planning and engaging in policy dialogue (at all levels, not just strategic levels)
- Preparing briefings and communication materials, and
- Providing support with Aidworks and other IT management systems to maximise their usefulness, as well as guidance on complying with AusAID business processes.
More information on the skills required, possible duties and how to register
Last reviewed: 28 May, 2012